Wednesday, September 9, 2009

To Love Somebody

We're going to do this one backwards. I'm not much of a music buff. I know a lot of songs, but I usually have a hard time identifying who sings what songs or anything like that.

So, I'm a big Ray LaMontagne fan, so I started looking up covers that he's done. And I found this, Ray LaMontagne and Damien Rice on French TV singing To Love Somebody:

Now, again, I'm a little shaky when it comes to who sang what, but I had it in my head that this was a Janis Joplin song, which it is... kinda:

But there in the side bar is a link to the BeeGees, who I know wrote a huge amount of songs:

And then there was a link to Nina Simone, who I know all of one song of hers, but I could of sworn she was from like the 50's... or earlier:

There are others, but after four versions, I'll spare you (the Michael Bolton version.)

I had to turn to Wikipedia on this... it was originally done by the BeeGees, even though, I like the other three way better than the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment