Saturday, August 22, 2009

Our Crazy Introduction

A few weeks ago, I asked my wife what she thought the greatest song since 2000 is. I knew it would be a tough one for her as her top ten list of all-time great songs probably would be ten songs from the '70s. She couldn't think of any on the spot, so I told her to think about it. This is the song that I was thinking of at the time:

I think it's a good choice because it's a great song that I think most everybody likes and when I started looking it up on YouTube, there were quite a few covers of it. And, most of the covers were by people I really liked... BONUS! Like this one from Ray LaMontagne:
So when I repeated the question last night, we started looking up cover songs in general on YouTube. I didn't believe that just about every song we could think of had multiple covers. Some were pretty good, most were pretty bad, and quite a few were just plain strange. It got me thinking about writing a blog post about covers on the Muted Guerrilla, but the more we looked the more quality blog-worthy stuff we found.

The grand result is this blog. The idea is to include the original song, and at least one cover, possibly more, because some have several that are just too good not to include. YouTube is just full of them. Here's another from a great singer, Paolo Nutini:

Anyways, hope you enjoy as our collection grows.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS2w322AL2U

    Everybody's doing it!

    ReplyDelete